TO GET은 수 많은 패턴에서 사용될 수 있고 다양한 의미를 가집니다.
TO GET + 직접 목적어 = to obtain, to receive, to buy
- I got my passport last week. (to obtain)
- She got her driving license last week. (to obtain)
- They got permission to live in Switzerland. (to obtain)
- I got a letter from my friend in Nigeria. (to receive)
- He gets $1,000 a year from his father. (to receive)
- She got a new coat from Zappaloni in Rome. (to buy)
- We got a new television for the sitting room. (to buy)
TO GET + 장소 표현 = reach, 어떤 장소에 도착하다
- How are you getting home tonight?
- We got to London around 6 p.m.
- What time will we get there?
- When did you get back from New York?
TO GET + 형용사 = become, 상태의 변화를 보여주다
- I am getting old.
- It's getting hotter.
- By the time they reached the house they were getting hungry.
- I'm getting tired of all this nonsense.
- My mother's getting old and needs looking after.
- It gets dark very early in the winter.
- Don't touch the stove until is gets cool.
TO GET + 전치사/부사 = 다양한 의미의 구동사
|TO GET +||의미||예|
|to get at||표현하려고 노력하다||I think I see what you're getting at. I agree.|
|to get away with||죄나 나쁜 행동에 대한 벌을 피하다||I can't believe you got away with cheating on that test!|
|to get by||그럭저럭 살아가다 (재정적으로)||Sam doesn't earn much, but we get by.|
|to get down||우울하게 만들다, 내려가다||This rain is really getting me down.|
|to get off||교통 수단에서 하차하다 (기차, 버스, 자전거, 비행기)||We got off the train just before the bomb exploded.|
|to get on||
1. 교통 수단에 타다 (기차, 버스, 자전거, 비행기)
2. 누군가와 교제를 하다
1. He got on his bicycle and rode down the street.
2. Amy and I really get on well.
|to get on with||해나가다||I have so much homework, I'd better get on with it.|
|to get out of||의무와 같은 무엇인가를 하는 것을 피하다||She got out of the washing-up every day, even when it was her turn.|
|to get over||회복하다 (질병, 놀람에서)||Have you gotten over your cold yet?|
|to get through||무엇인가의 공급이 소진되다||We've got through all the sugar. Can you buy some more?|
|to get up||기상하다||He gets up at 6.00 a.m. every morning.|
|to get up to||하다 - 일반적으로 무엇인가 나쁜||The children are very quiet. I wonder what they're getting up to.|
GET을 포함하는 다른 표현들
Do you get it은 당신은 이해합니까를 의미합니다.
Do you get what the teacher was explaining in class?
He's getting dinner tonight는 그는 식사를 준빟비고 있습니다를 의미합니다.
You can relax. It's my turn to get dinner tonight.
I'll get the bill은 제가 내겠습니다를를 의미합니다.
Put your wallet away! I'll get the bill.
That really gets me!는 그것은 나를 화나게 한다를 의미합니다.
It really gets me when my sister shows up late.
To get rid of something은 그것을 던져 버리다를 의미합니다.
I'm going to get rid of all these old newspapers.
To get out of bed on the wrong side는 기분이 좋지 않다를 의미합니다.
He got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning and he's been horrible all day.
To get your own back은 복수를 하거나 누군가를 벌하다를 의미합니다.
She's getting her own back for all those rude things you said at the party last night.