과거 완료 진행형
과거 완료 진행형 기능
과거 완료 진행형은 현재 완료 진행형에 상응하지만, '지금 전' 보다 더 이른 시간을 언급합니다. 현재 완료 진행형과 마찮가지로, 이 시제는 과정에 더 초점을 둡니다.
- Had you been waiting long before the taxi arrived?
- We had been trying to open the door for five minutes when Jane found her key.
- It had been raining hard for several hours and the streets were very wet.
- Her friends had been thinking of calling the police when she walked in.
이 형태는 또한 간접 화법에서 사용됩니다. 이 형태는 직접 화법에서의 과거 진행형과 현재 완료 진행형과 동등합니다:
- Jane said, "I have been gardening all afternoon." = Jane said she had been gardening all afternoon.
- When the police questioned him, John said, "I was working late in the office that night." = When the police questioned him, John told them he had been working late in the office that night.
과거 완료 진행형 만들기
과거 완료 진행형은 두 구성요소로 이뤄져 있습니다 - 동사 to be의 과거 완료형 (=had been) + 현재 분사 (원형+ing).
|주어||had been||+ ing|
To buy, 과거 완료 진행형
|I had been buying||I hadn't been buying||Had I been buying?|
|You had been buying||You hadn't been buying||Had you been buying?|
|She had been buying||She hadn't been buying||Had she been buying?|
|We had been buying||We hadn't been buying||Had we been buying?|
|They had been buying||They hadn't been buying||Had they been buying?|