동일한 두 사물을 비교하려면, 다음 패턴을 사용합니다:
as + 수량 표시 형용사 + (명사) + as
여러분이 사용하는 수량 형용사는 비교되는 명사가 가산 명사인지 불가산 명사인지에 따라 달라집니다.
가산 명사의 경우 as many와 as few를 사용합니다. 아래 마지막 예와 같이 문맥상으로 이해되는 경우 명사는 생략될 수 있음을 명심하십시오.
- They have as many children as we do.
- We have as many customers as they do.
- Tom has as few books as Jane.
- There are as few houses in his village as in mine.
- You know as many people as I do.
- I have visited the States as many times as he has.
- I have three brothers. That's as many as you have. ("brothers"는 문맥상 이해됨)
불가산 명사의 경우 as much 또는 as little을 사용합니다. 아래 마지막 예와 같이 문맥상으로 이해되는 경우 명사는 생략될 수 있음을 명심하십시오.
- John eats as much food as Peter.
- Jim has as little patience as Sam.
- You've heard as much news as I have.
- He's had as much success as his brother has.
- They've got as little water as we have.
- I'm not hungry. I've had as much as I want. ("food"는 문맥상 이해됨)